Emma Klijn (nee Davies)
Chartered Physiotherapist (MCSP),
HCPC, AACP and ACPSM registered,
BSc (Hons) Science in Health, Exercise and Sport,
Dip Sports massage.
One of Bristol’s top sports injuries specialists! Emma is well known for her thinking outside the box. She considers all elements of her clients life that may contribute to their biomechanical issues which may lead to performance limitation, injury or inability to recover from injury. She has a sympathetic approach and believes in keeping you on the move, providing it is appropriate – she will always try to find a way to help you achieve your goal. As a previous international athlete (Pistol Shooting) and amature horse rider, trail runner and triathlete she understands how detrimental time away from your chosen sport can be.
Emma has a tool box absolutely full of different treatment modalities enabling her to select which are best for you. She will often apply a multitude of treatments in one session to get you better quicker. There will always be homework as the underlying problem is invariably caused by an imbalance in strength, flexibility and muscle patterning (how your body chooses to move).
- Physiotherapist CSP & HPC Registered and over 15 years of Sports Massage experience.
- Worked with elite athletes and teams, including the Welsh International Rugby Union Team, Age Group Triathlon European Champion and Reserve World Champion, Professional Cyclists and 3 Day Event Riders.
- Previous NHS experience as rotational Physiotherapist for 3 years.
- Previous lead physiotherapist for Bristol Sonics Rugby League Team & Old Bristolians RFC.
- Over 10 years Sports Physio experience, 8 years acupuncture experience (AACP Registered).
- Expert running gait analysis and running rehabilitation.
- Equestrian specific physiotherapy available